History / Organization
KNT-CT Group Inbound Travel Business History
- 1947, May Kinki Travel Co., Ltd. (the origin of our group) founded.
- 1955, SeptemberKinki Nippon Tourist Co., Ltd. founded.
- 1979, JanuaryTourism Department established to handle overseas visitors to Japan.
Travel Centers for overseas visitors to Japan established in Tokyo and Kyoto.
- 1985, October Sales of Japan Rail Pass starts overseas for visitors to Japan.
- 1986, OctoberSales of Stay and Save starts overseas for visitors to Japan.
- 1994, JulyTokyo International Travel Department established.
Osaka International Travel Department renamed.
- 2004, MayClub Tourism International Inc. founded via the transfer of business from Kinki Nippon Tourist Co, Ltd.
- 2004, NovemberJAPAN HOTELS ONLINE, accommodation reservation website for overseas visitors to Japan, opens.
- 2005, JanuaryGlobal Business Department established.
- 2005, OctoberAsia Center established to respond to inbound travelers from Asia.
- 2008, JanuaryInternational Business Company established in response to the shift to the company system.
- 2008, DecemberYOKOSO Japan website for overseas visitors to Japan is launched.
- 2009, SeptemberJTO accommodation reservation website for overseas visitors to Japan is launched.
- 2011, JanuaryInbound Travel Department established.
- 2013, JanuaryKNT-CT Holdings Co., Ltd. founded.
Kinki Nippon Tourist Co., Ltd. and Club Tourism International Inc. merge.
- 2014, JanuaryInternational FIT Sales Department established.
- 2016, DecemberDMC Japan Kyoto Office established as a base for services targeting overseas visitors to Japan.
- 2017, JuneKNT-CT Global Travel Co., Ltd. founded.
- 2017, OctoberInbound travel business transferred from Kinki Nippon Tourist Co., Ltd. to new KNT-CT Group companies via the partial splitting of business operations.